Saturday, March 24, 2007

Think Pink.


Anti St. Patricks Day, originally uploaded by razzieswirl.

I was going to drink Guinness on St. Patties Day, but somehow ended up making quite possibly the most girly looking drink I've ever made. And damn, it was good! This may become a summer staple, along with the always present raspberry margaritas! Yum.

Since I made this up, and did not measure a thing, the recipe is going to follow along the same lines. Just have fun with it, I don't think you could mess it up, either way it's going to turn out good. It's so simple how could it not?

Recipe: Raspberry Coconut Blended Cocktail

Ingredients:

1-2 shots white rum (not flavored, I guess you could use flavored, I didn't)
4 large spoonfuls of coconut milk (the thick stuff)
handful of frozen raspberries
Two spoonfuls of frozen juice drink (I used whatever was left in the frezer from some other party, I think it was a pineapple/berry mix)
1 TBL sugar (since coconut milk isn't sweet)
plenty of ice cubes

Directions:

1. Put all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
2. Put in any fun glass: margarita/martini etc.
2. Top with whip cream and a cherry for extra girly-ness (I had both on hand, and figured why not, it was a holiday afterall).

They're mighty tasty but dangerous, they taste more like a creamy smoothie than an alcoholic beverage, beware.

m.

0 comments: