Saturday, April 21, 2007

My First Maki


my first maki, originally uploaded by razzieswirl.


I think it turned out pretty well. It consisted of spicy crab, avocado, smoked salmon and cucumber. To get great tips on how to make sushi, or sushi recipes check out www.sushiday.com. It's a great site to get you started. The rice is really key in perfecting the taste of your sushi, I think you need to start with a good rice base and go from there. I wasn't too impressed (especially the next day) with the rice we made, but it did the trick. The whole meal was quite delicious, there was a huge spread of food which consisted of a "make your own sushi" table, veggie tempura, gyoza, and coconut shrimp. I was so hungry by the time we finished cooking that I only managed to take a picture of my maki. After that I just wanted to spend time with friends eating around the fire.

By the way, the cupcakes were a huge hit. Woo-hoo!

xoxo
m.

0 comments: