Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I love eggs.
I don't take part in debates about the almighty egg; good or bad for your health? I say, good, period. Just like many things in life, eggs must be enjoyed in moderation, but they are oh so good for your body, your brain and your tastebuds.
So, when my fridge and pantry are sparce, but I need a quick lunch or satisfying breakfast I turn to the egg. Since I'm so fond of baking I generally have plenty of eggs on hand. One of my favorite egg recipes is the deviled egg. Simple, quick, filling, and just a tad decadent. They're so darn easy to make, that in a hunger pinch I can have them on my plate and in my mouth in under 20 minutes, tops. I thought I'd share my really simple, but trust me, delicious recipe, since they are incredibly popular during this spring-time of year.
Recipe : Deviled Eggs : Serves 8 (don't eat this many for one, of course)
3 Tablespoons mayo
1 tsp dijon mustard
Hungarian Paprika to garnish
1. Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and saucepan lid.
2. Set heat on medium/high, boil eggs for 5 minutes.
3. Let eggs stand another 8 minutes, remove and put in ice bath.
4. Place mayo and dijon in a small bowl.
5. Peel shells from eggs and cut in half, remove yolks and place in bowl with condiments
6. Thoroughly mix yolks and mayo
7. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of yolk mixture back into yolk crevice on egg white
8. Sprinkle with the sweet hungarian paprika
Posted by miss mallory opel at 11:43 AM