Tuesday, June 07, 2011

What To Do : Biscuits


The last time we spoke, it was of biscuits. Buttery, flakey, downright dreamy biscuits. 

So what do you do with those biscuits? Sure you could go nuts a la Pine State and pile your biscuits high with a fried egg, some bacon, melting cheddar, fried chicken and homemade sausage gravy, but here at home I opted for something slightly different, and far less laborious. 


This breakfast biscuit was made for the fiance. Before work, he craves for food that's simple, quick and flavorful, so I whipped together this biscuit sandwich up for him with ingredients we had laying about. I roasted a whole jalapeno over our cooktop, sliced it in half and set it atop a gooey fried egg (just as we like em, the runnier the yolk, the better) and a hand formed fried chicken sausage pattie. Slathering the inside of each biscuit round with soft salted butter kissed with a touch of lavender honey really didn't hurt either. Sweet, salty, spicy and scrumptious, four of my favorite s-words!

The best way to use up your biscuits in my book? Breakfast sandwiches. Anyway you make them, whatever you throw in em', I promise you, they'll be delicious.


3 comments:

Rambling Tart said...

Ohhh, this just makes me happy. :-) I need to make these this weekend if at all possible. :-)

Indu said...

The egg yolk has dripped a bit on the plate, and that makes me so hungry !!!

Rambling Tart said...

Where are you, Mallory?! I miss you and your posts! :-)