Friday, February 25, 2011

300th Post : Glamorous Gadabout : Double Chocolate Pretzel Cupcakes


Don't these cupcakes look sinfully delicious?! They are. 

If you want the recipe, you'll need to head over to a fabulous website, Project Gadabout, published by the fantastically fun Poppy Darrington, sometime after 1pm tomorrow (Saturday). Poppy has been running a series she's dubbed 'Glamorous Gadabouts', wherein each week a blogger is featured for a week straight. When I say featured I mean this; Poppy asks said blogger to fill out fun questionnaires, treasure hunts, photograph the contents of ones bag. . . you get the idea, and features one of these items everyday for a week. This week, it was my turn! I had such fun filling out all of the questionnaires. Seven days all about me? For the Leo in me, that's quite exciting. Saturday she's going to feature this scrumptious recipe from yours truly, so be sure to head over there and check it out!


 These cupcakes were inspired by a recent day trip to Seattle. I've cut back on my cupcakes as of late, but could not resist a trip last weekend to my all time, hands down favorite shop, Trophy Cupcakes. The first thing that caught my eye was this gorgeous row of double chocolate cupcakes, tops rolled in crushed pretzel. Swoon. How can you not love that comibination? Moist chocolate cake, rich fudgey frosting, crunchy, salty pretzel. I'll say it again, swoooon. I knew I had to try these at home, and share them with you. I took mine a step further and packed the bottom of each cupcake with a brown sugar/pretzel crust, only rolled only the edges (not the entire top) in pretzel dust (and salt), finishing each one off with a whole pretzel hand dipped in melted bittersweet chocolate.

Once more for the cheap seats in the back, swoon.


ps. I simply cannot believe this is my 300th post! That's a pretty major accomplishment for this food blogger, fairly amazing!

10 comments:

Lauren Hairston said...

I love chocolate pretzels--can't wait for the recipe!

Meg Luby said...

this looks SO good! thanks for sharing :)
-meg
@ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com

Ilke said...

Lovely blog. Found your site through Daring bakers... loving your challenge!

Deeba PAB said...

Thank you for hosting the DB challenge. I loved it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous blog, newest follower. Thanks for this months daring bakers.

Unknown said...

Those are darling and I love how they sparkle and reflect on the stand.

RamblingTart said...

Those are the best cupcakes I've ever seen. Hands down!! :-) Absolutely love them. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that lil bit of saltiness in all my desserts. This seems like the most perfect recipe for me!

Anonymous said...

Sweet & salty perfection...these look divine!!

Lea said...

These look amazing, very creative!