Saturday, November 03, 2007

Belated Halloween Well Wishings


I've been so bogged with homework lately I feel as though I haven't been able to properly focus on my adventures in the kitchen. I've even been so busy that I was unable to post a quick "Happy Halloween" to everyone, which is sad because it is one of my all time favorite holidays. 

I hope you had a magical, mysterious and possibly spooky Halloween!

Thomas, Sarina and I devoured cupcakes at Trophy Cupcakes at the Wallingford Center in Seattle. When I was a little girl my mother worked at a printing shop in Wallingford; that old little school house filled with shops and delicacies holds a very special place near and dear to my heart. Since early childhood I've been eating cake. Cake in all forms, sheet cakes, layer cakes, wedding cakes, norwegian cakes, and most of all cupcakes! My grandmother was an avid baker, so much so that she worked in a little bakery in Seattle for many years. I know cake. However, I would say never in my life, or in my travels, have I ever tasted cakes as delicate, sweet, moist, airy and dense (yes at the same time) as I did when I ate a Trophy Cupcake. Alright, make that six Trophy Cupcakes (not all at once mind you, oh lord no, I would've been sick)! Each one was more amazing, and ooohing worthy as the last. 

If you're in Seattle a stop at Trophy Cupcakes is a MUST on your to do list. Trust me, you will thank me for the amazing cake-gasm you will experience. It's like a religious experience! And if my description hasn't convinced you, just check out the pictures above and below for yourself. Or check them out online at: www.trophycupcakes.com


0 comments: