I promise, cross my heart, hope to die, that I will post the recipe tomorrow.
A word to the wise: good but not great. I think I was craving a sweet scone like baked good, not this. Oh well. Didn't turn out bad though! Will be delightful in the morning with a cup of tea!
Alright, like I promised I'm posting the recipe. I've never had brioche but my own, so I couldn't tell you if it turned out right or not. It was fairly tasty, but not sweet, and I think it's supposed to be sweeter than it is. So I was also a little bummed about that.
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour - extra for rolling and kneading
2.5 TBLS butter softened
2 eggs at room temperature
1 TBL yeast
2 TBLS sugar or honey (I'd use more of either)
1/3 cup warm milk
1 dash salt
1 egg yolk mixed with 1 TBLS honey to glaze
TO MAKE RASPBERRY ROLLS YOU'LL NEED:
1 cup raspberries (next time I'd sprinkle them with a little sugar)
1. In a bowl, mix the flour with the yeast then make a hole in the middle.
2.Add the warm milk mixing with the hook attachement on your mixer.
3. Add the sugar and a dash of salt
4. Add the softened butter, in pieces, waiting until each piece has incorporated until adding the next.
5. Add the eggs, mixing well between each.
4. Work the dough until it is elastic-y and begins to detach from the sides of the bowl (about 10 minutes +)
5. Cover and let rest in a warm place for two hours (I put it in my oven, off of course) until it doubles in size.
6. Work the dough again for 10 min and divide it in three large balls (or into small balls the size of your hand for raspberry rolls).
FOR RASPBERRY ROLLS:
Roll each peice out to about 1/2 inch thickness and about 5 by 5 inches. Sprinkle each piece with fresh whole raspberries and place into greased muffin pan.
7.Place them in a greased round mold and cover. Let rise for an hour again (same with raspberry rolls in muffin pan).
8. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
9.Brush the brioche with the egg yolk mixed with honey.
10. Place in oven for 20-30 minutes. Until lightly golden.
11. Remove and let cool on a rack.
They were okay. Not great. I probably won't be making them again.